This visa is for skilled engineering students, it provides the fresh Engineering graduates with an opportunity to not only study in Australia but also work and live in the country for 18 months. If you secure this visa, you can go for higher education and explore more possibilities in Australia while working and traveling at the same time without any issues.
This is a temporary visa, after this expires you’ll have to apply for another visa once Visa 497 expires. The new visa will let you include your family members in the application who can apply later on meeting the health and character requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Visa 476
- Should have a degree or higher qualification from a specified engineering institute that is accredited under the Washington Accord.
- If the previous education is completed from an affiliated Washington Accord specified engineering institute, the application will not be processed further.
- The applicant must be under the age of 31.
- Must not have any previous record of Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) or a skilled visa (subclass 476).
- Certain health standards are set by the Australian government, hence the applicant ought to meet all the health requirements in order to apply for Visa 476. Similarly, there are certain moral and character obligations and each applicant must meet those requirements for their successful visa processing.
- If anyone blood related to the applicant owe money to the Australia government than they have to clear their debts first before the visa can process further. Even an applicant with canceled visa won’t be eligible to apply for Visa 476.
English Proficiency Examination
If you’re applying for this visa you will have to submit an evidence for your English proficiency to apply for Visa 476. The applicant needs to provide the evidence for their English proficiency to apply for Visa 476. However, candidates from the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States of America, Republic of Ireland and New Zealand are exempted from the submission of English proficiency evidence.
The following tests are approved by the Australian government for the international students who are applying for the 18 months engineering visa.
Overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)
Overall score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4, 4, 14 and 14 in listening, reading, writing and speaking respectively.
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
Score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Occupational English Test (OET)
Scored at least B in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Cambridge C1 Advanced test
At least 169 scores with a minimum score of 154 in each component.
Benefits of 476 VISA:
- Amazing full time work opportunities in Australia.
- You will be able to study a course of your choice.
- You can start Professional Year in Engineering
- Easy qualification assessment from engineers Australia
- Multiple travel entries for the candidate.