Student Visa

Student visas allow you to study in Australia, and to stay in Australia for the duration of your studies. It is possible to extend your student visa in Australia if you wish to study further. You are allowed to work 20 hours per week on your student visa (or 40 hours per fortnight).

Once you have received an offer letter from an institution of your choice and paid your tuition fees, you receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), which you can use to apply for your student visa. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) can approve or refuse your visa application. (Most student visas are approved. Please visit for statistical updates.)

The Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) is introduced to improve the quality of the visa application process. The student visa subclasses are now mainly amalgamated into only two sub classes i.e. sub-class 500 and sub-class 590.


Main Features

This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study Full-Time in a well-recognized educational institution. Each eligible education provider and course is provided with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) code. Student must check valid CRICOS code before proceeding of his visa application. Further guidance can be obtained whileby clicking Quality of education and standards of Compliance are regularly and strictly monitored by Territory Education Quality Standard Agency (TEQSA) supervised by Australian government. Students are given full freedom to study in Australia. Many of students across world attend universities in Australia for their PHD programs. There are number of accredited education providers are available in Australia where student come to study and achieve their goals of success.


Visa Benefits

  • This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in any recognized education provider.
  • Visa extension facility is available subject to meeting stipulated criteria.
  • Married students may be able to bring your immediate family members as dependents on same visa sub-class.
  • Students are privately covered with insurance as per insurance company policy for which they paid premium before coming to Australia.
  • Visa is usually granted for one or two months longer than the duration of course.
  • Work is allowed as per terms and conditions provided and amended under Australian law from time to time.


You need to be in possession of a valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) received from an educational institution of your choice when you apply for your first visa or visa extension. This means you have been offered a place in a course offered to international students in Australia, and have paid for the course.

Visit any nearest branch of Vision Pakistan for more information or call our counsellors.